I've read magazines forever and there is nothing like holding those pages in your hands and seeing the future in each spread...you know, the future of fashion. What we are going to be wearing this season, how to wear it and where exactly to buy it. The idea of having little books full of inspiration will always be something I cherish. While some may say magazines will not exist in a few years because of the digital age, I can't imagine my world without them. I want to work in magazines and read them for the rest of my life.
If you're wondering what the point of this post is, it's to inspire you. I have made a list in my phone of things I want to accomplish before I turn 25. (I'm currently 20, turning 21 in June.) There are so many things to do in a lifetime - fall in love, travel, eat foreign cuisine, meet new people. I have a very specific bucket list of goals I want to pursue. In my opinion it is so important to have things you want to do, every day you challenge yourself, it adds excitement to your life and gives it more meaning. So, I've decided to share my bucket list. Feel free to be inspired, add my goals to your list and check them off as soon as you can. Life is short, so do what you dream of and of course, buy the shoes.
1. Move to New York - I've been living in Miami until I moved to Savannah to go to school. I have been dying to get to the city, but obviously it is not so easy. It is expensive and scary but I will do it as soon as I can.
2. Work for Vogue Magazine - Every fashionista's dream come true, but I am going to make it a reality.
3. Buy Myself a Birkin - Call me materialistic, but the Birkin bag, in my opinion, is a sign of success in the fashion industry. The day I can buy one without worrying about expenses is the day I know I have made it.
4. Be Coveteur'd - Who doesn't want their closet photographed and shown off? Anyone who has been coveteur'd is automatically known for a great sense of style.
5. Travel the World - I want to go to Fashion Week in every city and eat weird food with people I care about.
6. Write a Memoir - As you can probably tell from my blog, I have a lot to say and I am very opinionated. I want to share my story in a book, telling readers how I first fell in love with fashion and what I did to got myself to where I will be.
If you have dreams, hopes and goals, comment below and share them with me. I'd love to be inspired by you, too!